- Basavaraj Subhashchandra Phulari
Cephalometry is an imaging technique used in orthodontics to measure the size and spatial relationships of the head, jaws and teeth, making use of landmarks or points on the skull. It is used for diagnosis, treatment planning and evaluating dentofacial changes during treatment.
This book focuses on understanding the different cephalometric landmarks/points. Beginning with an introduction to the technique and classification of the landmarks, the following chapters explain each point in detail, by section of the head – cranial bones, facial bones and dentition, soft tissue, cervical bones and pharynx.
The final sections discuss the different types of imaging used to trace cephalometric landmarks and their applications.
- Presents technique of cephalometry to diagnose, and plan and evaluate treatment in orthodontics
- Describes every landmark by section of the head, including abbreviation, definition and applications
- Compares alternative radiological imaging techniques
- Includes more than 350 colour images and illustrations
Published Date: April 2013
Page Count: 223 , File Size: 44 Mb
PDF Download link