A clinical guide to understanding why malocclusions occur in children and how to diagnose and correct them early to reestablish normal growth using dentofacial orthopedics
- Marc Saadia
- Roberto Valencia
Dentofacial Orthopedics in the Growing Child: Understanding Craniofacial Growth and the Management of Malocclusion provides step-by-step guidance on diagnosing and treating malocclusions in young patients.
The book addresses both class I, II and III malocclusions, and more complicated cases such as facial asymmetries and temporomandibular problems that develop in the primary dentition. Concise, highly illustrated chapters describe normal and abnormal craniofacial development, and how and why environmental factors can affect the growth pattern. Early diagnosis and treatment planning, long-term case resolution, complementary methods of diagnosis such as occlusion and cephalometric, and more are discussed.
- Provides clinicians with visual guidance on how to rapidly diagnose malocclusions
- Contains over 1,300 high-quality images of different Class I, Class II, and Class III malocclusions, including temporomandibular problems, both before and after correction, and long-term follow-ups
- Helps clinicians correct different malocclusions using the fewest number of appliances and in the least amount of time
- Includes tables of different cephalometric of before and after corrections for most clinical cases presented in the book
- Contains a chapter on how to communicate and bond with children as patients to help them understand the importance of wearing their appliances
Children are not young adults so diagnostic methods which are regularly used can often misguide the clinician. Dentofacial Orthopedics in the Growing Child is an invaluable reference that guides pediatric dentists, orthodontists, general dentists, and maxillofacial and craniofacial surgeons with treating children.
e-Book ISBN: 9781119720201
Published Date: 2023
Page Count: 899 , File Size: 470 Mb
Download links ( PDF & Epub)