This textbook of oral and maxillofacial surgery is directed at dentists in training and newly qualified practitioners. The book aims to provide the theoretical background to a range of common procedures to assist in the DEVELOPMENT OF SKILLS required in diagnosis, treatment planning, and active surgical and postoperative management.
The book has been prepared by a variety of authors, all of whom have extensive experience in undergraduate and postgraduate education in oral and maxillofacial surgery and whose views represent those of UK mainstream dental schools.
- New edition of a highly successful ‘skills based’ textbook on oral and maxillofacial surgery, liberally illustrated in full colour
- Ideal subject coverage for those who are, or who will become, general dental practitioners, i.e. comprehensive coverage of diagnosis and oral surgery with a discussion of with maxillofacial surgery suitable for the early years of training
- Clear identification of conditions and procedures suitable for the general dental practitioner, and of those requiring referral
- Procedures clearly illustrated when routinely carried out in general practice
- Learning objectives, lists of assumed knowledge and summary boxes provided to make learning easier
- Ideal as a ‘dip in’ book for using in parallel with lectures and ‘small group’ learning, or in relation to specific patients seen
Published Date: July 2007
Page Count: 293 , File Size: 36 Mb
PDF Download link