- Elena Bablenis Haveles
With a focus on the most commonly used drugs in dentistry, Applied Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist, 9th Edition provides an in-depth understanding of the pharmacologic principles needed for safe and effective dental treatment and oral health care. It discusses drug properties and mechanisms of action, dosages, intended effects, interactions, and adverse reactions — both for the medications a patient may already be taking and for the drugs prescribed by the dentist.
- Comprehensive coverage with a dental hygiene focus provides you with an in-depth understanding of the most commonly used drugs, how they work, and how they affect patients’ oral health and dental treatment options.
- Multiple opportunities for classroom and board exam prep offers a clinical case study and review questions at the end of each chapter and practice quizzes on the companion Evolve website to help you assess your knowledge of the material.
- Learning features include Dental Hygiene Considerations, summary boxes and tables, and Note boxes to highlight key concepts.
- Key terms are bolded and in color within each chapter and defined in a handy glossary for mastering vocabulary.
- Engaging full-color design includes illustrations showing basic principles and internal processes, along with photographs of oral conditions and side effects.
- Separate drug index provides easy look-up of specific drugs and types of drugs.
- Quick-reference appendixes include resources such as medical terminology, medical acronyms, and information on dose calculations for children.
e-Book ISBN: 9780323798822
Published Date: 2024
Page Count: 370 , File Size: 48 Mb
PDF Download link
(For Non Premium Users)
Download this book from other website with lowest price: