- Michele Leonardi Darby
- Margaret M. Walsh
Emphasizing evidence-based research and clinical competencies, Dental Hygiene: Theory and Practice, 4th Edition, provides easy-to-understand coverage of the dental hygienist’s roles and responsibilities in today’s practice. It offers a clear approach to science and theory, a step-by-step guide to core dental hygiene procedures, and realistic scenarios to help you develop skills in decision-making. New chapters and content focus on evidence-based practice, palliative care, professional issues, and the electronic health record. Written by Michele Leonardi Darby, Margaret M. Walsh, and a veritable Who’s Who of expert contributors, Dental Hygiene follows the Human Needs Conceptual Model with a focus on client-centered care that takes the entire person into consideration.
- UNIQUE! Human Needs Conceptual Model framework
- Comprehensive coverage addresses the need-to-know issues in dental hygiene
- Step-by-step procedure boxes list the equipment required and the steps involved in performing key procedures.
- Critical Thinking exercises and Scenario boxes
- Client Education boxes list teaching points that the dental hygienist may use to educate clients on at-home daily oral health care.
- High-quality and robust art program includes full-color illustrations and clinical photographs
- Legal, Ethical, and Safety Issues boxes address issues related to risk prevention and management.
- Expert authors Michele Darby and Margaret Walsh
- NEW chapters on evidence-based practice
- NEW content addresses the latest research and best practices in attaining clinical competency
- NEW photographs and illustrations
- NEW! Companion product
Published Date: 2015
Page Count: 1354 , File Size: 207 Mb