This comprehensive and practical reference provides up-to-date information on the techniques available for the treatment of the Class II noncompliant orthodontic patient. It covers all the clinically relevant information needed by the practicing orthodontist, including: mode of action, indications and contra-indications, advantages and disadvantages of each appliance. No other such text is currently available.
- Describes fixed functional appliances, which act in both arches to advance the mandible.
- Describes distalization appliances, which act only in the maxillary arch to move molars distally, including: Pendulum, Distal Jet, Keles Slider, magnets and superelastic coils.
- Reviews the possibilities of using implants for absolute anchorage.
- Provides analysis of the evidence-based efficiency of appliances.
- Written by an international group of contributors from the USA, Canada, Europe, Hong Kong, Brazil and Australia.
- Illustrated in full-color throughout.
Published Date: June 2006
Page Count: 377 , File Size: 34 Mb