Essential reading for dental professionals and other healthcare workers wanting to build emotional resilience and positive mental health
- Mahrukh Khwaja
Dentistry is a high-stress profession with elevated rates of anxiety, depression, burnout, suicidal thoughts and self-harm. Chronic workplace stress is a growing concern as it can severely damage the mental health of dental professionals and negatively impact their ability to provide appropriate care. Psychological interventions have been shown to greatly benefit the well-being and emotional resilience of the medical and healthcare community, yet resources that provide preventative tools are limited.
Resilience and Well-being for Dental Professionals, is designed not only to combat occupational hazards in Dentistry, such as burnout and compassion fatigue, but also to build resilience, engagement at work and nurture positive mental health through a variety of evidence-based tools. This invaluable guide helps readers utilise tools from the science of well-being (Positive Psychology, Mindfulness, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy), to create happier, thriving careers.
- Tools from resilience interventions to help dental professionals implement preventative habits and take steps towards positive mental health
- Focus on self awareness in recognizing burnout early
- Positive psychology and well-being exercises, customised for dental professionals, to help you meld together research and application: from journaling and creative exercises to nature-based and activities at work
- Measure and track well-being using psychological scales
- Manage difficult emotions, practice mindfulness and self-compassion, develop a culture of kindness and gratitude at work, utilise a growth mindset when upskilling, harness positive leadership and use strengths, with patients and at home
- Create habits that stick through applying the psychology of goal setting, behaviour change, motivation psychology, work-life harmony and happiness
Written by a Positive Psychologist, and Dentist, with more than 12 years’ clinical dentistry experience within a stressful NHS environment, Resilience and Well-being for Dental Professionals is a must-have resource for all dental students, hygienists, therapists, dentists, dental nurses, dental technicians, specialists and allied healthcare workers.
e-Book ISBN: 9781119814511
Published Date: 2023
Page Count: 301 , File Size: 31 Mb
PDF Download link
(For Non Premium Users)
Download this book from other website with lowest price: