- William J Clark
This edition contains important new sections to illustrate improvements and to advance our knowledge of Twin Block technique and other related aspects of functional therapy:
• Pitfalls in appliance design and management are explained with examples of problem patients and contraindications for functional therapy.
• Fixed Twin Blocks: The author has developed and tested Fixed Twin Blocks for the past 15 years and treatment records show the evolution of this technique, leading to a final solution with an improved design and protocol to integrate Fixed Twin Blocks with fixed appliances.
• Fixed functional appliances: A new range of spring-driven Fixed Functional Appliances have been developed and are illustrated with examples of treated cases.
• Treatment of sleep apnea: Intraoral appliances are used increasingly in the treatment of sleep apnea. A new chapter with a comprehensive contribution by Dr Derek Mahony outlines the dental approach to this important subject.
• Breathe Easy Twin Blocks: Invisible Twin Blocks with preformed occlusal blocks present a patient-friendly approach to the treatment of sleep apnea, with the added advantage of correcting Class II malocclusion.
• TransForce lingual appliances represent a revolution in interceptive treatment and dental arch development. TransForce appliances are invisible, using a pre-activated nickel-titanium spring mechanism for correction of arch form in all classes of malocclusion from mixed dentition to adult therapy. Sagittal and Transverse appliances are designed to correct arch width, resolve anterior crowding and correct dental asymmetry.
• Reverse Twin Blocks: New examples illustrate the scope for functional correction of Class III malocclusion.
This new edition provides “state-of-the-art” instruction in all aspects of functional therapy, including diagnosis, case selection, appliance design, and clinical management.
Published Date: 2015
Page Count: 565 , File Size: 96 Mb
PDF Download link