Ashraf Ayoub, Balvinder Khambay, Philip Benington, Lyndia Green, Khursheed Moos, Fraser Walker
This handbook provides a short, contemporary text on the management of dentofacial deformities. The importance of a well organised, inter-disciplinary approach is emphasised throughout and the following key areas are presented:
- A detailed account of the role of the psychologist, from initial assessment through to post-operative support.
- A systematic approach to dentofacial assessment, including a section on diagnostic records and an overview of cephalometry.
- A logical step-by-step approach to treatment planning, emphasising the interactive thought process required when setting orthodontic and surgical objectives.
- The fundamentals of surgical orthodontics, with the scope and limitations of orthodontic appliances clearly explained for each phase of treatment.
- A description of orthognathic technical procedures and how potential errors can be minimised in order to improve the accuracy of model surgery.
- An account of how to carry out photo-cephalometric profile prediction planning, including a critique of the method.
- A detailed description of the full range of mandibular and maxillary orthognathic surgical procedures, including indications and complications.
- A chapter on higher-level osteotomies for the treatment of more severe craniofacial abnormalities is included for completeness.
- A series of six contrasting case studies.
There is an emphasis on the technological advances that are rapidly enabling the global paradigm shift from 2D to 3D planning.
e-Book ISBN: 978-1-118-70940-5
Published Date: 2014
Page Count: 194 , File Size: 38 Mb
PDF Download link
[private role=”visitor-only”] Download Link for Members Only